Thursday, May 3, 2012

Senior Prom Night!

Hey everyone!!

So this past weekend was Senior Prom!! It was fantabulous.
I found my dress at an amazing shop called Lure in downtown Wilmington when I took a trip there. It's a high-low dress, with flowing strips of fabric as the skirt. I love the ocean, and everything about it, so it immediately reminded me of a mermaids tail and I decided then and there to dress up like a mermaid for the prom, even though I didn't even know the theme till I got there. Turns out the theme was under the sea so it worked out perfectly!
To go with my mermaid-self, I decided to have my amazing hairstylist neighbor temporarily dye some streaks of hair blue and teal, and she styled it for me as well, doing beautiful beachy waves all gathered into a side pony with some braids. Will provide the picture of inspiration for that right below!
Love Blake Lively AND her hair!!

  For my nails, (will upload pics and a tutorial soon!) I got a manicure (my VERY first one ever!) with just white polish, and then did a sponged gradient of gold-green-tirquoise with gold glitter thrown on it. It looked so cool, I can't wait to show y'all! Also, my toes were just painted coral with gold glitter.

And of course, the MAKEUP! If you follow my youtube you'll know that I uploaded a couple of trial makeup looks for prom, but in the end I didn't really like any of them, and I was stuck with winging it the night of. Thankfully, after talking about it with my neighbor when she did my hair, I pictured something with more gold and color, and also sacrificed using my Maybellene Coral Crush lipstick.  So the eyes were gold with tirquoise and purple in the crease/outer v, and then green on the bottom as well as gold glitter with a flushed/bronzed face and pink lips with gold shimmers. It turned out so well, very exited to film the tutorial for it!


Anyways, on to the pictures!! Hope y'all enjoy and don't forget to check out the links near the end!!

Pardon the poor editing skills! Haha


Tail of my dress flyin' around haha
A guy, Matthew and I dancing

Taking pictures!

Makeup close up
Food!

Chocolates in graham cracker "sand"!

Frozen yogurt and oh-so-many-toppings at an amazing new bar we have was our prom dinner!

They tossed around a couple beach balls on the dance floor!

Treasure chest decorations, complete with chocolate gold!



Youtube!
www.youtube.com/sophieelizabeth07

Twitter!
@Sophiiiee16

Email!
sophieelizabeth07@gmail.com

 Seeya soon!

Sophiiiee =D

No comments:

Post a Comment