Monday, May 16, 2011

Antiqued



I saw a girl downtown once. She was wearing a few simple things: Leggings, oversize white shirt, and a belt. Super simple, yet made a huge statement to me. Ever since I saw her outfit, I have been on the hunt for a reasonably priced, oversize white shirt that came long enough so my butt wouldn't show. A little over a week ago at my fave consignment store (YES again, hahaha) I found it! It's a large collared shirt, that is like a classic button down, but without the buttons going all the way up, felt more relaxed. While trying it on in the dressing room I was already planning out on my head, what makeup I'll wear, the jewelry, shoes and all that. I was so freaking exited! I May seem kinda crazy, obsessing over this outfit, but this will be a go-to outfit for me for years to come, because the leggings, white shirt and belt are basically staples in lots of girls closets, but put together is polished, but not too overdone, or makes you feel like you can't wait to take them off and put on your pj's at the end of the day. You know what I mean? For a classic look I would have done simple black winged liner and red lips with more simple jewelry, but I decided to put some of my good antique jewelry to use. It instantly made me feel like I was wearing a more vintage-y look. Here are the pictures below, and I hope it inspires you as much as it did I.





For hair, I just pulled it all back and pinned it up and out of the way, to show off the earrings. (That I made, btw =D )


Makeup was a gold shadow with a dark green in the outer V and crease, light blush and (I forgot to put it on here) Maybellene lipstick in Blushing Brunette.



Also, sorry about the lack of blogs! I went on to blog last week and It said blogger was unavailable right now =( So when it was finally back up, I was too busy with other stuff. I'm going to try and have a bunch of posts ready from now on so I can stay consistent.

Hope you enjoyed!!



Leggings and shirt: I don't really know...They aren't known brands though.
Belt, broach, and bracelet - All vintage
Earrings - I made myself
Shoes - Pesaro from Rack Room Shoes
Also I don't ever include it in these little descriptions, but the necklace that I am always wearing with the leather cord, key, and "S" charm is something I almost never take off. I found the key in my backyard, that used to be a hotels junkyard back in the old days, and the "S" charm is by Waxing Poetic that my parents for me for my 15th birthday. Just a little inside scoop there xD


Seeya soon!!
 Sophiiee =D

No comments:

Post a Comment