Thursday, April 7, 2011

First ever sewing project!

Hey everyone! So I have acquired a new topic that I will be talking about from time to time, and that is sewing!

If you don't know already, I want to be a few things. Cosmetologist, maybe learn to cut hair, do photography, but my biggest dream is to be a fashion designer. I love dreaming up designs and drawing them all out, but I could never make them. But now my mom is teaching me to sew, and my first project is a pillowcase!

We went to out local fabric store, and I got to pick the fabric (my little sister had to make one also), we got some thread, and about a week later, got to work!

I have to say, it was quite easy. The only part that I found hard is the pedal on my sewing machine is quite sensitive, so I have to be super careful with how much weight I put on it.

Here is a picture of the finished pillowcase!
From now on when I make things, I will try to take progress pictures to post as well.

Thanks for reading!

Sophiiee =)

No comments:

Post a Comment