Friday, April 15, 2011

Skincare Routine (Prom Prep)

Hey!
So as I've posted before, my prom is this Saturday. I am going to try and do prom prep posts before then. Even after then, if I didn't get time to post some. So today's post is my skincare routine! What I am doing to keep my skin clear, fresh and glowing for prom.

It starts in the shower. What I like to do is turn on the shower super hot, and let the bathroom steam up while I go and get my shower basket from my room. The steam and hot air helps open your pores, therefore getting a deeper cleansing, leading to clear skin! Also, exfoliate once a week. Three times is okay, but can lead to irritation. I use my Got2B Clean Apricot scrub. (This is something I got on sale at big lots, I highly recommend the St. Ives Apricot Scrub instead.) I follow that with my normal face cleanser as well.
So I'm thinking maybe I should tell you guys what type of skin I have, so you know this will work for you. During summertime, I have normal skin. During winter, I get super dry skin. Since it is warm weather where I live right now, It's pretty normal. The only problems I get are with sweating when I walk super fast outside or exercise. (duh xD ) The only time I get breakouts now-a-days, is during that time of month, and I only get a couple. When I do get them though, I hold a hot washcloth onto my face to open my pores, (this is whenever I don't have the shower steam to open them for me) wash my face in the morning with my acne cleanser, and night with my acne cleanser and Neutrogina wave, then use my Clearasil Pimple Blocker Pen. (That thing is a lifesaver!) And they go away!  After I wash my face I use a toner. I can't stress enough how important toners are! After you wash your face, your pores are open. Using toners (or witch hazel) helps close them, so that the lotion doesn't get deep into your skin, or makeup or sweat doesn't clog your pores, leading to breakouts. I have some friends who get acne, (most have oily skin, and do sports so they sweat a lot) and I'm like "Well you use a acne wash, toner and lotion right?" They go, "No I just wash my face and use lotion." Well there's the problem! Toner is a LIFESAVER!
Then of course, after that I use lotion. Since prom is coming up, and I have been using a tanning lotion on my body, I want me face to match right? So I take my regular lotion, and mix a pea size amount of my tanning lotion with it and apply to my face. Now, Jergins has a formula made for face, but I'm already spending a lot and need to save my money for other things. Plus, I've been using this method for a couple weeks and haven't had a problem.
Ok, so I didn't finish talking about the shower part. I use shampoo and conditioner (duh) I leave the conditioner in for a good few minutes after I run a wide tooth comb through it, that way my hair gets super soft. I try to rinse with cooler water, since it closes the cuticle and leads to healthy hair and more shine, but sometimes I don't want to shower in cold water, thank you very much.
After, I use the Jergins Natural Glow Daily moisturizer all over. That stuff is amazing!! I can't believe how much color I have just in a couple of weeks. I am definitely going to be using this from now on. I wish I could show you before and after pics, but silly me didn't think of that soon enough. =P But trust me, this stuff works! JUST GET IT! (I got the one in fair to medium skin, just an FYI)
For my nails, I use a orange stick (or cuticle pusher) to push my cuticles back while they are soft, so it won't hurt. I also take a foot buffer and use that after showers as well, for soft feet. I tend to walk barefoot a lot, so my feet get really rough. Don't forget to hands and feet with lotion and cuticle oil daily. At night, I use both and put on socks and gloves. I wake up with suuuuuuper soft hands and feet! (And healthy cuticles to boot!)
Ok, this isn't really skin, but it is part of my prom prep. I brush my teeth morning and night. Flossing at night. I use a toothpaste that is whitening, and then after I brush, I dip my toothbrush in baking soda and brush for another couple minutes and it definitely makes me teeth whiter and brighter. I only recommend using this nightly just for special occasions, because it eats the enamel on your teeth. For normal use, just use three times a week.


So I think that is about all, below I will post pictures of the products I use, and a short overview of my routine.

All of the products I use, (minus the toner.)

My Neutrogina wave and the foaming pad.

This is my apricot scrub, but like I said above, i highly recommend the St. Ives one.
Neutrogina Alcohol-Free Toner, and Bobbi Brown Face Tonic (same thing, but the Bobbi Brown is better. Ha should be it was $20 more!) The lotion is the cheap, store brand, but it's mimicking the Neutrogina Oil Free Face Lotion. Works just as well!

Ah! Pore strips! I can't believe I forgot this super important step. I use these once a week (twice since prom is coming up) because I do have bad blackheads on my nose. These are the Biore Pore Strips.

Ok, so this overview is going to be on days where I don't shower.
Nighttime-
1) Hold a hot washcloth to face to open pores.
2) Wash face warm water, using the neutrogina wave with a pump of my Biore  Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser (Or the neutrogina grapefruit splash acne wash, but the biore I find leaves your skin feeling tingly clean, which I love!)
3) Rinse, then use toner.
4) Use a pore strip if necessary. Remember, only once a week, max three times only if necessary!
5) Use a mixture of face lotion and pea size amount of the Jergins tanning lotion.
6) Floss teeth, brush with whitening paste, then brush with baking soda. Also I use the OraBrush. Highly recommend!
7) Then the Jergins lotion again, all over body.
8) Lotion and cuticle oil on hands and feet, then cover with socks and gloves, and go to sleep!
Morning- (I only do this if I have breakouts)
Steps 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6. 7 If you are looking for a deeper tan.

Overview of shower-days-
1) Let steam fill the bathroom.
2) shampoo and conditioner combed through hair, left in for a few minutes.
3) shave
Steps 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 then 8 of the previous overview, but if you take morning showers, omit the gloves and socks xD


So I hope you guys found this helpful!!

I'll seeya tomorrow!

Sophiieee =)

No comments:

Post a Comment